“A” is for Admit. You must admit to God that you are a sinner. You must be sorry for your sins and turn away from sinning. Verses that support this step are:
- Romans 3:23
- for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
- Romans 6:23
- For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Acts 3:19
- Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord,
- 1 John 1:9
- If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
“B” is for Believe. You must believe that Jesus is God’s Son and that God sent Jesus to pay the penalty for sin. Verses about believing include:
- John 3:16
- For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
- John 14:6
- Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
- Romans 5:8
- But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
“C” is for Confess. You must confess your faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. Read the following verse:
- Romans 10:9-10,13
- 9That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved…. 13for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."
After you admit to God that you are a sinner, repent and turn from your sin, believe that Jesus is God’s Son sent to die to pay for the sins of the world, and confess your faith in Jesus, you are a Christian and know Jesus as your Savior.
Admit! Believe! Confess! Here is a sample prayer that will help you begin:
I know that I am a sinner, and that I need Your grace. Thank you for loving me enough to send your Son Jesus Christ into the world to die for my sins. I believe that He arose from the dead and that He lives today. I confess my sins to You now, and ask that You place Your Holy Spirit in my heart that I may turn away from my sins. I love You, I believe in You, and I want to have a personal relationship with You.
In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.
If you have recently prayed this prayer and accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior, we invite you to contact us so that we may REJOICE and WORSHIP with you in your new-found faith. If you have not yet accepted Jesus into your life, please make an effort to contact us so that we may share God’s love with you. Either way, we invite you to join us in Christian fellowship.
God’s grace to you!